Monday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day
Monday, July 25 - Friday, August 5th Summer break
East County Career Center
CTE in GUHSD high schools
Grossmont College - Allied Health Nursing
Thank you for your interest in courses at the Health Occupations Center.
We offer the following medical training programs:
- Phlebotomy, Medical Lab Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Dental Assistant (RDA)
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Assistant (Clinical)
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Electronic Medical Records
- Intro to Anatomy & Physiology
- RN Refresher/Reentry
- Physical Rehabilitation Aide/Sports Medicine
- Healthcare Interpreting
- Introduction to Health Science
- Vocational Nursing (Separate orientation, application process)
Three-step process for enrollment:
Step 1: Attend an orientation. At orientation, you will receive all information and registration requirements for the class you wish to enroll in. Our orientations for Fall 2016 classes have concluded. If there is any space available after Fall Registration, we will post the open classes that still have space here on our website. Please check back with us after July 22, 2016! If you are interested in any of our open classes, you will attend an orientation the week of August 8th, 2016. Exact classes available, date and time, and more details to follow.
Step 2: Take the HOC Entry Screening Test. While attending the orientation, you will sign up for an Entry Screening Test. This is a basic test that covers 7th and 8th grade levels of English and math. You will need to pass this test with a minimum score of 70% to be eligible for registration. The top scores will be given a registration appointment time.
Step 3: Registration: Come to the Health Occupations Center at your appointed registration time. Classes will start August 2016.
The classes below do not require an orientation. You may register for these Fall 2016 semester classes in the HOC office starting on July 18, 2016.
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS/CPR)
- Math Review for Healthcare Worker
- English Review for Healthcare Worker
- IV Therapy & Blood Withdrawal
- CEU's for CNA's
- Understanding Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Healing Hands for the Caregiver/Reiki
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)