Thank you for your interest in courses at the
Health Occupations Center.
We offer the following medical programs:
Phlebotomy/Medical Lab Assistant
Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Emergency Medical Technician
Dental Assistant (RDA)
Administrative Medical Assistant
Introduction to Health Science
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN)
New classes at HOC in Spring 2016:
- Sports Medicine; Physical Rehabilitation Aide
- Electronic Medical Records
To enroll in most of the HOC programs, you will follow these 3 steps:
Step 1: Orientation
Come to an orientation where you will receive all information and registration requirements for the class you wish to enroll in. Any student wishing to register for any of the classes below must first attend an orientation. No need to sign-up. No cost.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- Emergency Medical Tech (EMT) 9:00 am or 5:00 pm
- Pharmacy Technician 9:00 am or 5:00 pm
- Phlebotomy/Medical Lab Asst. 9:00 am or 5:00 pm
- Healthcare Interpreting 5:00 pm
- Introduction to Health Sciences 5:00 pm
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
- Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) 9:00 am or 5:00 pm
- Medical Assistant 9:00 am or 5:00 pm
- Administrative Medical Asst. 5:00 pm
- Medical Terminology/Billing and Coding 5:00 pm
- Electronic Medical Records 5:00 pm
- Sports Medicine/Physical Rehab. Aide 5:00 pm
No Orientation for Veterinary Asst in December. This is a year long class and will have an orientation June/July 2016 for Fall semester 2016.
Step 2: HOC Entry Screening Test
While attending the orientation, you will sign up for an Entry Screening Test. This is a basic test that covers 7th grade English and Math. You will need to pass this test with a minimum score of 70% to be eligible for registration. The top scores will be given a registration appointment time until all seats are filled.
Step 3: Registration
Come to HOC at your appointed registration time.
If you wish to enroll in any of the classes below for the Spring 2016 semester, no orientation is required. Register either online or at the HOC office starting January 4, 2016
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS/CPR)
- IV Therapy & Blood Withdrawal
- Math Review for Healthcare Worker
- English Review for Healthcare Worker
- CEU's for CNA's
- Understanding Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Medical Billing and Coding:
- If you have a Medical Terminology transcript.
- Registration must be done at the HOC office.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - has changed to be in-office registration only.
- VESL (Vocational ESL)
Licensed Vocational Nurse Program
VN Class 64 Application (Click link below):
Credit Granting Documents for VN Program Application (Click link below):