We will be offering an Emergency Medical Technician class this summer.
Class schedule will be:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Class starts May 28, 2013, and ends August 1, 2013.
Register online or in person at the GHOC front office.
Registration begins on Monday, May 6, 2013, at 8:00 am.
Please click here for the Summer 2013 schedule of classes.
Fall 2013 Registration Information
The current registration process for classes at Grossmont Health Occupations Center is:
1. Attend a one-hour orientation for the program/s you are interested in.
2. Take our HOC Entry Screening Test. (Sign-up during orientation)
3. Receive your test score in the mail by June 10, 2013. This letter will give you information on your registration options.
4. Registration will begin on Monday, July 15, 2013, for the fall, 2013, semester.
Orientations have passed for the following classes offered in the fall, 2013, semester.
Certified Nurse Assistant
Emergency Medical Technician
Introduction to Health Science
Medical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomy
Medical Receptionist/Insurance Billing
Ophthalmic Assistant I
After all registration has been completed, and IF there is space available in one of the above classes, we will offer another orientation. You are welcome to attend the final orientation and testing time for the fall, 2013, semester:
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Please check our website after July 15, 2013, for continually updated information about which classes are still open and which classes are full for the fall semester. If you are interested in a class that is still open, you may attend our orientation and testing on Wed, July 24, 2013. Orientation details will be available closer to the date.
The following classes do not require an orientation and will be open for registration on July 10, 2013, at 8:00 am. You can register online or in person at our front office.
1. IV Therapy
2. RN Nurse Refresher/Reentry
3. Advanced Cardiac Life Support
4. Understanding Cardiac Arrhythmias
5. CEU’s for CNA’s
6. English Review
7. Math Review
8. Medical Coding (requires successful completion of Medical Terminology)