The following campus policies and guidelines have been incorporated with guidance from San Diego County public health orders. Policies and guidelines are subject to change based on current public health practices and are in place to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 on the Health Occupations Center campus. For all intents and purposes, the HOC campus includes indoor facilities, outdoor spaces, and parking lot areas.
1. Entrance onto campus will be limited to staff, instructors, and students for on-campus skills training. Visitors may check-in at the office.
2. All staff, instructors, students, and visitors are expected to read and follow posted signage.
3. All staff, instructors, students, and visitors will be required to complete a temperature check before entering campus facilities.
4. Self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and do not come on campus if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
5. Follow social distancing to maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself and others on campus unless by the direction of your instructor and when industry-standard personal protective equipment is in use.
6. A face mask must be worn on campus that covers your nose and mouth when indoors and when closer than 6-feet to an individual not from your household when outdoors.
7. Class sizes on campus have been reduced to support the 6-foot distance indoors and minimize contact with others.
8. High-touch surfaces (counters, door handles, tables, etc.) will be disinfected daily and between classes. Students in healthcare training programs will be expected to support the infection control protocol for equipment and supplies.
9. Safety policies will evolve based on San Diego County recommendations as well as district advisement.
If you have any other questions or concerns related to our COVID-19 guidelines and policies please contact us by phone or email.