Registration Procedures for Health Occupations Center
The current registration process for classes at Grossmont Health Occupations Center is:
1. Attend a two hour orientation for the program/s you are interested in.
2. Take our HOC Entry Screening Test. (Sign-up during orientation)
3. Receive your test score in an email. This email will give you information on your registration options.
The following classes require you to attend an orientation:
- Phlebotomy, Medical Lab Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Dental Assistant (RDA)
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Assistant (Clinical)
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Electronic Medical Records
- Intro to Anatomy & Physiology
- RN Refresher/Reentry
- Healthcare Interpreting
- Introduction to Health Science
- Vocational Nursing
The following classes do not require an orientation:
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS/CPR)
- Math Review for Healthcare Worker
- English Review for Healthcare Worker
- IV Therapy & Blood Withdrawal
- CEU's for CNA's
- Understanding Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
District policy is to maintain classes to the conclusion of the course if a minimum
level of attendance is upheld.
If the class falls short of minimum attendance, it will be subject to closure.
Health Occupations Center Refund Policies
A student has until the end of the second class meeting to determine if they would like to drop the class and obtain a refund. You must call or come to the office to get a refund. You will receive the cost of the registration minus a $25 processing fee. NO refunds will be given after the second class meeting.
Short one or two day classes have a different refund policy. For these classes, there is a $5.00 refund charge 48+ hours before the class and no refunds within 48 hours of the class. Please call the office for details.
TEXTBOOKS: There are no refunds for textbooks purchased at the HOC office