How to get started?
Come to the mandatory orientation in November 2018.
Date for the orientation will be posted in summer 2018.
Vocational nurses are a vital member of the health team, providing direct patient care in acute, long-term care, and convalescent hospitals. Licensed Vocational nurses administer medications, provide bedside care and treatments, and perform other technical nursing skills under the direction of aphysician and/or a registered nurse.Our VN program is one of the best in the county! We are accredited by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians. We have a team of nursing faculty that are all professionals in a variety of areas in the nursing field. Students have access to nursing supplies, equipment, a nursing lab, computer labs, and many other resources to help you attain your goal.
The Health Occupations Center VN Program is 3 semesters in length, excluding summers.Curriculum includes didactic lessons (classroom theory), nursing lab (on campus), clinical rotations (numerous rotations in various hospitals and clinics in San Diego), as well as web-based instruction for enhanced learning.
Graduates will be eligible to take theNCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination for the licensing of nurses in the United States).Graduates may also take advantage of the “Step Up” Program; you will qualify for one year of credit toward aregistered nursing program at local community colleges and some universities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- You must be 18 years old by the program start date
- Anatomy and Physiology course (criteria will be covered at the orientation)
- Must have a current active California Certified Nurses Assistant license (C.N.A.)
- ATI TEAS Test (TEAS 6.0):Test of Essential Academic Skills
- Current prices are:$4,500.00.This is subject to change annually.Pricing will be confirmed at your orientation.
- An additional $2,200.00 (approximately) in fees are due during the 18 month program.
- Although we do not offer financial aid, we do accept financial aid from most third party entities.